Saturday, May 7, 2011

My 1st Blog

Star date: 07-05-2011. I dont know why I feel like Captain Kirk writing a blog. I'm so waiting for Scotty to say, "I've given her all she's got Captain." Captain Kirk was a brave super freak though. He would have sex with green and purple women from different planets. Didnt he worry about getting some kind of alien super crabs or antenneas growing downtown on his groin region? Ok, Am I showing my age here? Some of you young bucks dont even know who Captain Kirk is.

This is my first blog so bare with me. I guess its about random thoughts that go through an individuals mind. I'm 30 something going on 20 something. I have the most wonderful wife and beautiful kids in the world. My wife Jennifer, my daughter Erica, my son Gabriel, and my daughter Lilliana. Absolutely mean the world to me. Love them all to death.

I would say my life wasn't always happy and there has been some rocky roads but stuff happens in everyones life where they have hard times and they struggle through it. I think this is where people get their wisdom and learn not to do that again or go a different way about doing something. I read somewhere, "If God brought you to hell he would see you thru it." Well I have been to hell and back and God has saw me through it. I also read somewhere that tough times dont last tough people do. I'd like to think that I'm one of those tough people. During those tough lonely times I would pray to God with all my heart and hundreds of tears. Sometimes I thought God may have been punishing me for bad I have done but in time God answered my prayers. He brought Jennifer into my life. My imagination of the most amazing woman in the world couldn't compare to the greatness of my wife. God finally answered my prayers and gave me someone beyond anything I could have ever dream or wish for.  

Anyways, I started P90X 27 days ago. My goal is to workout for 90 days without taking a off day. Once I'm done with Classic P90X. I'll take one day off then I'm going to go do Doubles P90X for 90 days. After that maybe I'll venture into crossfit. Hopefully this will lead to me working out at least 6 days a week and lead me to a healthier lifestyle. My wife wont let me get a Harley so I have to do something right?

I see Tony Horton and he is 50 something now and he has the body of a buff 20 something year old man. I have seen people that are in their 50's. It looks like they are in their 70's and they are just waiting to die. I have two young babies. Gabriel is 2 and Lilliana is going to be 8 months soon. I want to be healthy when they get older. I want to be able to play with my grandchildren without worrying if I'm going to have a heart attack at any second. Plus I want that beach body.

This is my 4th tour to Iraq. Everytime I come here it sucks being away from home so bad but what can I do? This is the life I choose and this what I love doing. At no time do I consider myself a hero but its nice to walk in the footsteps of heros. I'm proud to wear this uniform and serve my country. I know when it comes time to retire that it will be hard to say good bye to the only job I have ever really known. I remember the times that sucked in the Army better than the times that were good. I went to my first duty station at Fort Stewart, GA. a buck private. I was in my unit less than a week and I went to the field. I was in my motorpool with one of my sergeants and he said "hop in the truck you are going to drive us to the field." Back then we drove duece and a halfs. They were standard. I never drove a stick before sergeant. He said dont worry you'll learn and he laughed. So I press the clutch in and slammed it into first like a race care driver. I slowly let off the clutch and give it some gas. We are rolling. Im rather excited I didnt eff that up.  Then I get it into second no problem. I'm thinking I'm a natural pro at driving a stick. Little did I know I was dead wrong. So I get it on a little stretch of road where I could go into 3rd gear. Its in second gear now and I need to go to 3rd gear. I press in the clutch but not far enough so when I go to put it in third gear I grind the gears which rattle the crap out of my hands. My sergeant says, "If you cant find it grind it." So out of nervousness to find a gear I put it in 5th gear from second gear. It idles so low it stalls the engine on a curve which makes this beast of a truck hard as hell to turn. Needless to say I was a hot mess driving that truck but my sergeant was right I did learn. It started to rain a good and hard Georgia rain and the truck I was driving didnt have a windshield so the rain was slapping me in my face and it was cold as hell. My sergeant has a windshield on his side so he is laughing at me getting soaked and squinting my eyes because the large buckets of rain that was coming down. By the time we get to the field site my body is trembling and my teeth are chattering. It was so cold. I can laugh at that now but at the time it was the worst feeling ever. All I wanted to do is get in a scolding hot shower, change into dry clothes and get  into a warm bed. Nope we had to set up our field site which took all night. I was walking through puddles of water up to my knees. I'll never forget moments like that where you just have to embrace the suck and keep working.

Well I think that is enough of the blogging stuff. I'm getting tired. Have a great day everyone.

Luis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment