Monday, May 9, 2011

Random stuff

Today I was cleaning up my room a bit and I ran across a journal that my grandfather gave me. I only wrote in it a few times. My wife even wrote in the journal a few times. Just reading it brought me back to that time when the war was really bad in Iraq. We lost 114 Soldiers in our Squadron alone that tour. Thats a really rough subject and hard to choke down so I'm gonna talk about something else.

It's crazy how one day can seem so long over here. My first tour in Iraq I counted down the days until I got home. I had a calender and marked off each day. Little did I know that was torture because I knew every single day that went by and I knew how many days I had left. That one year seemed like a decade. Now I try my best to not keep track of the days here so before you know it one week is gone. Then a month goes by.  Counting by the month is alot better because the numbers are alot smaller. It's just being here that seems like forever because when I do finally come home it doesnt seem like I was gone long at all. But then again being home flashes by and Im deployed again. Hopefully  Ill be able to stay home for two years this time since they extended the dwell time to two years come October 1st. Who knows though the Arab world is going crazy and now there is talks that Pakistan may have know that OBL was in their country. So who knows where we will go next. My 20 years is coming up soon so I figure I can only be deployed one more time.

Im not really a political person but I dont like how the media bashes President Obama. He is the President. Show him alittle respect. Who cares what he wears? Is it hurting you? Who cares what his wife wears? OMG she's wearing a colorful dress. I'm going to have a heart attack. Hopefully this is covered in the new medical plan. So what if he smokes newports. Cigarettes are legal. He produces his birth certificate and a new article criticizes the birth certificates authenticity because the race had African American. They said at the time that he was born that the birth certificate would have stated negro in the race column. Everything he does is criticized and twisted around. During this time and day I think American's as a whole needs to stand behind one another and support eachother to include the President of the United States. That is all I have to say about that.

Anyways, tomorrow after my workout. I take my 30 day photos. Im pretty excited about that because I could already see a change after the first week. We will see. But Im not going to post pictures until I complete my full 90 days.

Well its midnight here so I need to head to bed. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Luis

  

No comments:

Post a Comment